Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Alone with God.

I feel isolated. Alone.

            These were my thoughts for the past few nights. After being up late and working on homework for hours, I'd nestle into bed. My parents had already fallen into a deep sleep and it was then I'd feel utter loneliness. Usually I'd have my sister to sit in my room or talk to me while I worked but she's at college now. And silence has replaced her sweet spirit. So, far into the night I'd talk to God, feel his presence and yet still complain about being lonely. It was then I realized I that it was finally time I depended on Him alone. Why?
“If God is preparing you to make an impact on this world for His kingdom, chances are He will take you though a season of solitude. This is a season when you learn that you can’t lean upon anyone but Him for your confidence and when you gain the strength to stand alone even when no one stands with you.” (Leslie Ludy)
           Its beautiful how God reveals his purposes. He knew my of my loneliness and He didn't hesitate to share with me the reason for my solitude - so that I may know how to impact the world for Him when all I have is Him. I can't think of it as dreadful isolation, but rather a beautiful time alone with Christ. Its best explained by Henri Nouwen.
“The Desert Fathers did not think of solitude as being alone, but as being alone with God. They did not think of silence as not speaking, but as listening to God. Solitude and silence are the context within which prayer is practiced.”
Within my solitude, I shall listen to the calming voice of Christ. 
                                          I shall quieted by His love. 
                                                                              And warmed in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment