Saturday, June 4, 2011

Waters of Life


These are by far my favorite seasons to go through in life. The times where everything’s in place, where nothing seems to go wrong, and when I feed off the love and blessings God has given me. I have to admit, I’m going through this season in my life right now. Its summer now and there’s no work, nothing holding me back, just the breeze in my face and the promise of sunny days ahead. Isn’t it so easy to worship God in these times? Below are David’s words to the King of the world. They describe exactly how I feel right now…
          
                         "You who still the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves, and the tumult of the peoples. They also who dwell in the farthest parts are afraid of your signs; You make the outgoings of the morning and evening rejoice. You visit the earth and water it, You greatly enrich it; The river of God is full of water; You provide their grain, For so You have prepared it. You water its ridges abundantly, You settle its furrows; You make it soft with showers, You bless its growth.  You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance.  They drop on the pastures of the wilderness, And the little hills rejoice on every side.  The pastures are clothed with flocks; The valleys also are covered with grain; They shout for joy, they also sing.”(Psalm 66 exert)
               
It’s so amazing to be in that time of life when everything seems to go right. Unfortunately I think that for some of us (myself definitely included) this is the only time when we truly worship God. It shouldn’t be that way. Our relationship with God should not be mastered by our happiness or emotions, but rather our faith, so that whatever course we go through in life we are not shaken. That’s something important we should all remember.


“This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow.” – Desert Song

No comments:

Post a Comment