Friday, February 17, 2012

Fearless?


            I’m so easily dictated by fear. Afraid to serve God. For so long I hide, easily passing by. Being comfortable. Because it’s so easy. It is. It’s easy to blend in. But what impact do we have for Christ if all we do is blend in? If all we say is to please others? What kind of person are we if we just fade into the background and serve God in the comfort of our own rooms? We hide our talents and coil in shame when asked to share them with others because of our fear. We turn to the corner and cower. We let the devil take hold. We give into his lies believing we aren’t good enough to do what God has called us to. “You’re a hopeless sinner of a dirty whorish race,” he tells us. 
           And it’s hard for us to refute this statement since we know it’s true. “All have sinned.”  Yet what Satan leaves off is this: God, the artist of the world the molder and framer of the entire universe sent his only son to die a brutal death. A death of blood. Humiliation. Mockery. Pain. And through this… He redeemed this whorish, ugly, dirty race. He married the harlot of Israel. He loved the least of these. The accusations the Devil states that hold us down in fear are not complete statements. He tells us our story. He tells the tale well, and sometimes so accurately we have no choice to accept it. Yet he tells us the tale and leaves off the “happily, ever after.” We are left fearful and in despair. He leaves out the love. He leaves out the peace. He gives us fear and makes us coil in shame never feeling worthy to serve such a King as God.  
          So now I wonder, why have I been held back in fear? I realize that while my sinful nature is nothing beautiful, God has renewed me and made me His and through His redemption I am now worthy to serve Him. It does not matter what others say. It does not matter if I have not the qualifications. God does not call the equipped. He equips the called.

No comments:

Post a Comment