Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rambles About Junior Year

           Well, tomorrow I start my Junior year... the hardest academic year in a high-schooler's career. I'm surprisingly excited yet calm right now, which is weird because most kids my age are dreading this year. I think I'm just ready for excitement. My summer was much different than I thought it would be. In good and bad ways. Taking my mission trip to Haiti was amazing, returning home to hard-core spiritual warfare was not. Even so, I'm ready to hit the books and bury myself in their ever-so exciting words. Now, blog readers, I'm about to enter a whole new category never mentioned on this blog (just this one post)... relationships.
           Yes, I've kind of avoided the whole topic of high school relationships for a few reasons... however the main one  is...that well...its just too much to write in one post. I also do not have much experience in this arena. I've never dated (in fact I'm kind of proud of that!) and my love life has had about no drama. Sure there were few crushes here and there, but nothing really exciting and worth telling about. Right now God's asked me to wait. And at first, I thought waiting was sitting and doing nothing, but in all actuality, its a lot more than that. I've found before I start to date I should be quite firm in my relationship with God. So while I wait, I fall in love... with Jesus. And believe it or not, He pursues me more than any man would. He sends me kisses in the forms of rainbows and butterflies (as corny as it sounds...). He never breaks my heart and he continually shows His love for me. He's more faithful than any boyfriend, frankly He's all I'd ever need right now. I hope you know though, its ideal to be fully in love with God and not distracted by anything else, however the ideal isn't always the case.
             I also hope you don't think that I have the ideal, because I'm far from it. Unfortunately I get really caught up when the slightest thing happens with anyone of the male gender. Any tiny or subtle hint that someone may be interested in me makes me go crazy inside... I think that if I wasn't a Christian I'd probably be pretty "boy crazy". Luckily God has helped me contain all my excitement. He's doing a new work in me. I'm falling in love with Him and I know that at the right time He'll bring the right guy along. That time might not be now. So until then I'm waiting.
            Before I finish this off I'd like to let you know that I may not be posting as often since the school year is starting. I'll try to at least post once or twice a week (as opposed to every other day...). I hope you all have a good start to your school year!
P.S. I know this is a small blog and I'm hoping to have at least 10 followers by the end of this year... so... remember to share with friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment