Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be mine?


Its that day. Valentine’s Day. The day of corny love letters, heart-felt poems, arranged flowers, and bitter singles.  Yes, another single year for me. And although I’d like to say I’m completely happy handing out my heart shaped candy boxes to my girlfriends, there’s always something inside me that hopes for the valentine’s day I can celebrate with the one I love.
Sure, it may be many years from now, but still I do dream of the day when I’ll receive a bouquet of daisies and a hand-made card. The day I’ll have a valentine. The day I’ll have someone to love. The day I’ll be able to prepare something cheesy and sweet for my man. That day may be far away. So until then Jesus is my valentine. He’s mine and I am His. Today, I’ll fall in love with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment