Saturday, May 26, 2012

le rêveur.

           It means "the dreamer." In history they've always been here, the dreamers. In my last post I questioned, "Where are the dreamers?" but as I've taken the time to look around, I've actually come face to face with some people who embody this visionary-type persona. I've realized dreamers don't just simply come out saying, "I'm a dreamer, here me roar," but rather they leave the mystery up to their audience. In history, if we take the time to do some research, dreamers are everywhere. Walt Disney is a classic example of one. He envisioned dreams coming true and eventually planned to make a "land" where he could help other's dreams come true. Farther back we see people like Jane Austen, who led a very romantically sad life, yet expressed her longings for true love in her writing and fantasized her deepest desires the through the written word. Then there's the ambitious souls, the founding fathers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock - all dreamed of an ideal state where men and women could find freedom and liberty. And Martin Luther King, who stated quite blatantly stated, "I have dream." He desired equality for all.
             So, I guess, I've made a huge mistake. I've admitted to you all that I'm a dreamer. Real dreamers never do that, they leave that up for you to choose. Oops, so the the essence of wonder is gone, but I'll still let you decide that. However, there are different types of dreamers, so I guess there's still a bit of mystery to me, which type of dreamer am I? There's the idealist, someone who dreams of perfection in different aspects of everyday life. Then there's the visionary, the one who starts revolutions to fight for what they believe in. And then there's the romanticists, those who dream of love and beauty in nature, you know, those who blog about sunsets and rainbows and "all things beautiful and bright." I think I know some of those... 
              But unfortunately, we dreamers sometimes have a huge problem. We dream. However sometimes, forget to act. Your dreams will never come true if you don't do anything about them. Maybe you'll get lucky here and there, but its time to act, as Taylor Swift says, its time to "Speak Now!" Act upon your dreams, and lift them up to God, He can help you accomplish them.Take delight Him, and he'll place dreams in your heart and help you make them come true.
      "Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment