Monday, September 19, 2011

173 days.

       
              On September 17, my church put on a young woman's conference called the JANE event. It was all about defining who we as young women are in Christ. Our day consisted of for main sessions and 2 break-outs, and lunch/ cookies refreshments. The day was amazing. All girls. No pressure. Just a day to take in all the honest truths of who we are. One of the break-outs I visited was called "Like-Minded - finding your other half." I took these 3 things away from it:
    1. Guard you heart (Proverbs 4:23)
    2. Do not awaken love until it so desires (Song of Solomon 8:4)
    3. Walk in purity (Proverbs 31)
             At the end of this session, the main leader challenged us girls to take a break from pursuing romantic relationships with guys and pursue our relationship with God further instead (for 6 months to a year). After she said this first, I thought "this is possible, I've never really dealt with romantic relationships with guys anyways, so no problem!" Then I thought, "What if I take this vow for 6 months and a guy finally starts to pursue and like me? I don't know what I would do..."  In either situation, I must admit I will really need God's strength. 
            I want to keep my vow to Him, so that means no dates for homecoming, no small crushes, nothing. But in a way, I'm actually excited. I'm excited to enjoy the next 6 months pursuing a strong relationship with Christ and my friends and even getting ahead in school. Sounds extremely boring you may say. Well, life's not always exuberantly fascinating, but its being happy with the little things that make it so fun. So here I start my journey. 173 more days to go.

1 comment:

  1. Keep going girl. You are awesome. It is encouraging to find that there are actually people in the world who believe this. I have been taught this my whole life but it is really encouraging to find other people are just a crazy. thank you for posting:)

    ReplyDelete