Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A week of dresses.

                 This is certainly not a fashion blog, however I do like to integrate my taste in my writing so, I am going to share with you something, I have never told anyone this. Okay... get ready... If I could, I would wear dresses every day. I absolutely love the feminine feeling of wearing them. I like the fact that when I put on a dress, I feel like a lady. I just want to twirl around in dresses all day long. Okay, so I don't live in a story book but, I just wish that girls today dressed as well as they did in the 50's. I wish we spent time to wear dresses and skirts. Obviously, I live in 2011 and my wardrobe basically consists mainly of jeans and ruffled tank-tops, maybe a few skirts or so... very few dresses unfortunately. However, if I had the money and time, I would just wear dresses. So below are the 7 dresses I would choose if I had 1 week to wear only dresses.




1. Sunday 


            Okay, so this dress is white and lacey, perfect for a Sunday. I've always thought that white is the color to wear on Sundays. You need something with a feminine touch (the lace accounts for this) and then the white to tie it into the the purity of the day. Unfortunately, as I've grown older I've found it hard to wear dresses on Sundays, but this dress is absolutely gorgeous. So white. On a Sunday. I think yes.
2. Monday


            Mondays. Don't we all love them? Of course not! On Monday it is absolutely important to wear a dress that you are comfortable in. Something more casual and cute. Most people come back from the weekend in drab clothing just hoping to get through their Mondays. If it were me, I'd were something to catch their eye. Navy stripes on the top and bright red bowed skirt on the bottom. Beachy with a hint of pretty.




3. Tuesday


              Tuesdays. The week has just started to get going. Today its all about work. Now when I'm older, I'd like to be a teacher. Unfortunately some teachers think that denim floor-length jumpers are in style. Maybe in the 90's? This modern dress has a denim look to it, yet is sophisticated with ruffles. Basically it remodels the elementary teacher look. Plus the thin leather belt also gives you and hour-glass shape. Who wouldn't want that?


4. Wednesday


               Now we're mid-week. Typically I head straight from school to church, so the dress I choose today has to be able to easily able to be dressed up. With these specifications I've decided this dress works quite well. Its bright and beautiful, sweet and romantic, and pulled together with a a comfortable fit. Floral skirted bottom and white slightly ruffled top. Everything about this dress screams girly. 


5. Thursday


            Thursdays. I think that besides Mondays, these days are the worst days of the entire week. Why? Well, you've already been going to work/school for 4 days now and its not even Friday! Most people wear frumpy clothes on Thursdays. So, today is a day to dress cleanly. I've chosen a pearl colored dress for this day. I absolutely love this. Its petite top and fan-like bottom is so cute. Perfect with a cardigan and a pair of brightly colored flats.  


6. Friday


           I think this dress looks like one right out of a Tiffany's store. The color. The style. The bow. I love everything about this dress. Out of all 7 dresses, this is my favorite. Of course, we save the best for Friday. My favorite day of the week. This dress is also very versatile. You can wear it out even after work or school. I can just picture myself in this dress on my first date, having lunch under a tree in the park, chatting about everything under the sun... okay maybe I'm getting a bit carried away here. But I honestly adore this dress. So cute.
7. Saturday


        Saturdays are always more casual. I've chose a fun ruffled salmon-colored dress for this day. It goes well with my skin tone and of course I've always loved ruffles so nothing's wrong with this dress. Lovely dress. Pair it with some strapped sandals and a messenger bag... sounds like a dress to go shopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment