Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Fairy-Godmother Moment

         Today I realized my sister is sort of like my fairy-godmother. She comes in to make days brighter even when things have been dull. Today for instance, I took my last A.P. exam. It was long and tiring and last night was a bit rough so I was a bit wounded and ready to break down and give up. After a lunch with friends and a calming talk with my mom today began to look brighter. And then. To top it all off, my sister away in Africa leaves me a beautiful note.
Now if you didn't read the full note, at the end she told me to look in the bottom drawer of her desk and what did I find?
         The makings of a perfect evening! A candle, tea, a mug from anthro, a journal, a facial scrub, goggles for summer, The best cookies and icing on the planet, and one of my favorite movies of all time. She is such a doll! I miss her even more now, but I'm so thankful to have a sister that blesses me even when she's not here. She came in and was a magical fairy-godmother today! <3

2 comments: