Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Absence Makes the ❤ Grow Fonder...

         
           Many have said, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I now know this is true. My sister is gone for the month serving the Lord in a foreign country. Although I'm so glad she's out serving God with all her heart, I would be lying if I said I didn't miss her.
          Throughout my life, my sister and I have been absolutely inseparable. We do everything together. We go shopping, watch movies, get our nails done, go canoeing, basically anything and everything we do is always together. There are times during the week when she comes into my room and we both do homework. Not talking but simply enjoying each other's presence. I miss her. We're best friends, I love her more than any other person in this world. So, its really different that she's gone.
           In her absence I guess you could say my heart has grown more fond of her. Suddenly I appreciate her more. I realize where all my time goes. I finish homework sooner and go to  bed early because I have nothing to do. I now fully grasp why God didn't make me an only child. He knew before the beginning of time that I'd need an older sister to balance me out and keep my strong in my faith. My sister is one of the best gifts He he has ever given me. I will truly love her all the way until the ends of the ages and into all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment