Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bucket List - Live Foreign

5. Live in a Foreign Country (for at least a month)
               Whether it be living in a third world country with missionaries, or back-packing through Europe, living in a foreign land has always been a dream of mine. Experiencing new cultures and cuisines, learning new languages, viewing new art and architecture, all come with the adventure of living in a new place. I've traveled to many places, yet one day in Venice or Rome can not even touch on the beauty of the land. You need weeks, if not even months, to soak up the history and beauty of these kinds of places. Even one week in Haiti did not seem like enough time to encounter the fascinating customs and people of it's country. I did not feel like my work was quite finished there when I left the country. I knew God may have more in store for me and Haiti.
               So, this is why I've decided that sometime in my life, I'd like to live foreign. I absolutely love America, but new cultures excite me! I don't think we should go through life stuck in a box. It would be nice to get out and explore the world and the people that live there. There are at least 6,500 languages in all the world and therefore so many ways to communicate. Now while living abroad, it might also be nice to learn a language in this case. Whatever the case, I'm sure that an experience living in a different nation will have a lasting effect on how you view the world and its people.


               This will be my last article about my bucket list so here is the recap below with links to the other pages about my bucket list:

5. Live in a Foreign Country (for at least a month)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete