Sunday, July 31, 2011

Vintage Music

Ella Fitzgerald
              
           For some reason I've been just been into old music like Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole recently. Why? Well, for one thing, its a nice change of pace, but more than that, I just enjoy listening to "upbeat/ jazzy" stuff lately. Its just so classic. Even though the music is old, its not overbearing like some 80's stuff and its good for everything. Whether its reading or scrap-booking or blogging...Its just.... timeless. Even old-sounding music sung in french has been absolutely acute to my musical tastes. Saxophones, trumpets, and piano notes have been heard through my side of the house lately that's for sure. I mean how can lyrics like these not make you swoon? 

"Stars shining bright above you, 
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singin’ in the sycamore trees
Dream a little dream of me"

              Maybe another reason I love this music so much is because I love the era it was famous in. The whole idea of going out to swing-dance has always kept me beyond interested. I think some day I'll take up swing-dancing lessons and really get into it. Sounds like fun to me!


Favorite "Oldies":
Smile - Nat King Cole
La Javanse - Madeleine Peyroux
Dream a Little Dream - Micheal Buble'
                                         My Romance - Ella Fitzgerald
                                           L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love old music! It's fantastic. Since I tap dance I listen to Tuxedo Junction by the Glenn Miller Orchestra. They also do "The String of Pearls" and "Chattanooga Choochoo". Old music is so much fun!
    P.S. Your header is amazing! It's really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Frank Sinatra on my pandora. Absolutely PERFECT for doing dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete