Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vintage Clothes

         Now, this isn't a fashion blog, but since I've been into the whole oldies music lately I thought I might as well another article about things that seem to have a "vintage" feel to them. So here I go.  P.S. all these oufits are put together on shopruche.com in their "Unending Love" catalog. This one seems to be based off the Notebook. (P.S.S. for more about fashion in olden days or 1940's era check out this blog 1940's darling... made by one of my followers who absolutely seems to have a heart for vintage)
Picnic Wear (shopruche.com)
        
Picnic wear: I absolutely love this combination! The white bowed shirt is paired with a floral skirt, and a tan cardigan to tie it all together. Its so classic, something I could almost see myself pulling out of the closet. Out of all the outfits below this is one of my favorites. Its got that "timeless" feel yet a modern twist. Absolutely charming.

Boating attire: Stunning. A lemon/cream-colored ruffled dress and bronze bowed belt all complimented with a light pink flower. Once again, an endless classic. Very feminine, I honestly love the ruffles, but that's just me.


Boating Attire (shopruche.com)

Lacey beauty: Absolutely archaic. Lacey off-white dress + red flowered hair band = breathless undertaking. I absolutely love this, but I must admit if I owned such a "classical number" I don't know where I'd wear it. Maybe to the park or out for a shopping day.

Lacey Beauty (shopruche.com)
Baby's Breath Blue Dress (shopruche.com)
Baby's Breath Blue Dress: Very light on the eyes, Light blue lacey dress with a a light pink ribbon around the waist to form more of an hour-glass shape. I love it. It reminds me of the dress Wendy wears in Peter Pan, but of course with a more modern twist. Very smart piece... easy to dress up or down.

Exploration Apparel: Peach flowery cardigan, tan lacey dress, and navy blue flats. Classy with a modern twist.
Another one I wish I had in my closet. 



Exploration Apparel (shopruche.com)


Flower Girl (shopruche.com)

Flower Girl: Sunny straw hat, floral lightly fitted blouse and long cream skirt - all convey a  feminine beauty. I love this mid-length sleeve on the top and the longer skirt. It seems modest, good for a cooler summer day.


Garden Garments: Colorful floral/summer dress with a touch of lace and floppy hat, something I wish I had the guts to pull off. I honestly yearn for a dress like this one. Its absolutely enthralling. Simple, yet classic, timeless, and most of all....a touch of vintage.


Garden Garments (shopruche.com)

1 comment:

  1. These photos are really unbelievable. It isn't easy to captured a truly vintage feel these days but whoever took them definitely did. I really love vintage clothing and am always looking for different pieces for my girlfriend and myself. She would definitely be into some of these dresses or something like them. I am a professional photography so we are always trying to create old-timey looking portraits!

    ReplyDelete