Friday, July 29, 2011

As a child...

                   As children we believe. We dream. Nothing stops us. We are not afraid of what others think of us. We have never had a broken heart, we've never been let down, our tiny fragile minds know nothing but innocence. Growing up I have so many beautiful memories. Catching fireflies at grandma's, learning to ride a bike after receiving one for Christmas, playing on our swing-set, and swimming in our family pool while listening to my dad's favorite 70's music. My growing up life, looking back, seemed like a fairy-tale. God had blessed me so much. Sure, I had problems growing up, it wasn't perfect. I was spanked, I threw temper-tantrums, I lied, I did things as a little kid that would make no soccer mom happy. I just wish, I was as fearless now, as I was then. I wasn't afraid to talk in front of people when I was little, where as now... its different (that's why I write to all you!). I didn't care if people thought I was weird, I just liked that people saw me for who I was. Now, I find that I do open up to people still, but only after getting to know them and making sure I can be myself around them without being judged. If only I was still as sure of myself. 
                  God's been helping me with that. God's been working in me. Helping me find who I really am. For such a long time I never knew what I really liked. I never knew what kinds of things really described who I was. I never knew if I liked things because other people did or that I honestly liked them because, well that's who I was. Now, I'm discovering who I am in Christ and its so exciting! I'm finding out how it is to be myself and how to unaffected by the fleeting crazes of the world. So be like a child again, unafraid and happily unaware of the world around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment