Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sounds Like Country.



           Last night I sat with the sky expanding overhead and the soft green grass between my toes. The smell of smoke and beer was wafting through the air. We laid out on the lawn on a patchwork blanket beneath us and sat at the back of the amphitheater near my home and listened to the sweet sounds of country music. Slowly the sun set and air cooled. Stars began to peak through the velvety blanket of sky. I sat among hundreds of country lovers all excited to hear the sweetly sung words of Lady Antebellum.
         With summertime on the verge and the balmy Floridian breeze beginning to pick up I can only pray what  lies ahead this summer is better than the last. That means late nights and evening rains, summer sun and bike rides, long restful days and more time with God. "Oh nothing's sweeter than summer time and American honey..."    

No comments:

Post a Comment