Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Heart Sings

             I'm sorry I haven't written in a while, I've been at my church's summer camp for the past 5 days. And in my entire life, nothing has ever come close to what I felt while there. It was 5 days of spiritual refreshment. I have never been full of such joy. I was accepted for who I was. I was needed. I realized who I was, not simply as an individual, but as a child of Christ.
             In the past 5 days I changed. I used to recognize myself as dreamer and utter romantic and truly, that is who am... but that is not the only thing that defines me. At camp I realized my definition does not simply come from the way I feel when I read romance novels, no... my definition is in Christ alone. During our first worship time at camp God revealed 3 small statements to me, but all with huge implications. He said to me, " You are treasured. You are loved. You... are Mine." And the effect that this had on me was astounding. Sure, being a hopeless romantic who views the world carelessly is good, but what if God views me as something even greater. What if what I have in my store for myself is good, but what God has is earth-shattering? What if I settle for the good when he has great for me? 
             With the knowledge of God's huge plans for me, my heart began to sing. I was not only needed, I was desperately needed in the huge scheme of all history. God has a place for me in this earth. How do I attain it? I surrender my will and grasp for His. I become audacious for Him. I become like Moses who spoke on behalf of Israel for their exile from Egypt. I be bold like Joshua who led the Israelites into God's promise land. I surrender like Ruth who followed in God's will and put herself into the bloodline of Christ. I walk like Esther who walked before a king assuming her death in order to save the Jews. I live like Jesus... the boldest of them all.

1 comment:

  1. Brittany I love you and this has truly inspired me<3

    -Rachel Wise:)

    ReplyDelete