Thursday, September 8, 2011

A bit bored.

               
                I'm admitting this. Right now as I write this I'm kind of bored. Not with blogging, but in general this school-year has been basically drama-free. Such a blessing, but its just been a little "uneventful" lately. You know those days where life's so stressful and you just need time to think about things? I haven't had one of those in a while, and you might wondering why I'd want that, but I honestly have nothing to think about. I lay in bed at night and there's no questions running through my head, no confusion, nothing. Its a blessing in so many ways, also considering the past summer I've had, but still I still long for those adventurous times. I never like the slow parts in life. I know life's a marathon, not a sprint, yet there are times when its just slow and routine. I'm sure you can agree with this sometimes. I'm not one of those girls who thrive off gossip and school drama. I'm not "boy crazy" either. But there are still times in my life when life gets eventful and exciting. Right now is not one of those times. 
                In many ways, it surprises me how much I long for those "riveting" moments in life. Until now, I never really realized how much I love adventure. The thought of being stuck in a situation, and then solving the dilemma, becoming a hero...  it sounds in many ways sounds very appealing! God created us to long for adventure. Yes, even us girls! God has set the desire of adventure in our hearts. 

"Eve is standing right there when God gives the world over to us(human kind). She has a vital role to play; she is partner in this great adventure. All that human beings were intended to do here on earth- all the creativity and exploration, all the battle and rescue and nurture- we were intended to do together. In fact, not only is Eve needed, but she is desperately needed." ~Captivating

                   God created us to be needed in a great adventure. I forget that. I forget I'm needed. I forget I'm in an adventure. Because let's be honest, life can get a bit repetitive at times. Still, I'm pressing on, praying for something eventful to happen. I let you all know if my life takes an exciting twist, but for now, its just a bit slow, good, but slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment