Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Prayer for Restoration

Dear Father,
            Renew within me the fire you set in my heart this past summer. God renew within me the thirst I have for you, the desire for something more, the hope for something beautiful. God, I am never content with earthly things, only your true glory satisfies. Your blameless nature, your flawless love, God let me desire that. Not the attention of others, not the cooing and ahhhing of an audience, but rather I simply wish to desire your love.
           God I don't understand my jealousy of others. I don't see why I wish sometimes to be different. You created me special, and everyone else unique as well. You love us all equally, but know us each intimately and separately. Why do I wish for more than I have, when I am already so blessed. Forgive me. Forgive me for coveting and jealousy and unkind words and impure thoughts.
           Lord, I love you and I'm so very sorry for the times when I act as though I don't. I'm not perfect and you know that, so thank you for cleansing me with your son's blood. Thank you for forgiving and purifying me. I will love you always.
Love,
Your daugther

No comments:

Post a Comment