Saturday, October 6, 2012

❤Joyfully Single❤

     
           You may have noticed a lot of posts lately about relationships or romance or just genuinely cutesy writing. I'm sure the Shakespeare's sonnet and "Dear Diary" post may have caught your attention. After much prayer and a few chats with God, I've realized that right now is a time for me to embrace being joyfully single. You see, nothing's wrong with having small crushes or dating, but rather the priority it has in your life. If it takes away from your relationship with God, its probably not the most fruitful thing to be doing at the moment. And that's what I realized. I'm leaving for college and less than a year as it is so any relationship I might eventually form would be short-lived considering my quick departure. Right now in life I want to be inseparable with my creator. Completely and hopelessly in love with Him.
       Knowing that I could easily get too attached to someone God hasn't intended for me is also something I have remembered in making decision these days. A quote by C.S. Lewis caught my eye recently. It states,

"Don't let your happiness depend on something that you may lose."

           I know that I will never ever lose Christ. He'll never walk away. So, as long as my happiness depends on Him, I know I shall never be let down. He will never leave me. He's my true love. I'm not a princess because I'm married to a prince, but rather because my Father is a King.

No comments:

Post a Comment