Friday, December 9, 2011

16.

              1 month and 17 days. Then I turn 17. As weird as it may sound, I'm kinda sad to be another year older. When I was 6 years old I dreamed of the day I'd turn 16, thinking I'd have a cat, a car, and a boyfriend. I have none of these. And I'm happy. Instead I have 2 rabbits, a permit, and some really amazing friends. My 16th year was not as good as I thought it would be, It was better. I experienced a mission trip to Haiti, made more friends, got more invovled in church outreaches, and now, several weeks before my 17th birthday I will be heading out to another mission trip, this time in Mexico. So 16. Wasn't so bad. In fact, I don't ever want to leave this age, but before I fully commit to this year and longing to be 16 forever, I need to remember 17 could be even better. So 17, soon we'll meet, and when we do, promise me you'll be as good to me as 16 was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment