Friday, January 27, 2012

The Daisy.


           My favorite flower? The daisy. Its simple beauty has enchanted many throughout the years. Whether daisies were used for decorating Egyptian pots or in hair garlands of Crete, they were examples of simple glory. So what is the symbolism of the daisy? Daisies have long been thought to represent innocence, purity, beauty, and patience. My perfect flower. These days, innocence is looked down upon. The innocent are looked upon as uneducated and uncultured in the ways of the world. Yet, the daisy, a simple innocent beauty is not looked down upon. It’s nothing like the wild rose or the tulip, yet still intrinsic in its own way. It is the small flower growing on the roadside, sometimes unseen, but never forgotten.
             One day, I hope that daisies will make up the bouquets at my wedding. Their symbolism of patience will represent the time I’ve waited for my husband. Their innocence will be a symbol of my purity. And their simple beauty will represent everything that God has created me to be. Daisies. My perfect flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment